capabilities of a
company’s people is the
most powerful way to
survive and thrive in the
Grow from Within
*Adapted from CEAI by Hornsby,
Kuratko, and Zahra 2002
"Activating Entrepreneurs from Within"
Rigid operating processes and inflexible systems are impeding the ability of
many organizations to grow and compete successfully. Change is now the
key to growth.
- Which systems and processes do you need to grow?
- What are the barriers and obstacles getting in your way?
- How is resistance to change impacting your progress?
Organizations need the right people, with the right processes, in the right
place to enable major transformations to drive new business growth.
The problem is that most organizations do not know what they are supposed
to change into. There have been no road-maps or guidebooks for them to
follow, until now.
The Entrepreneurial Audit was developed to help organizations eliminate the
barriers and obstacles impacting growth. The Entrepreneurial Audit is based
on research conducted by experts on corporate entrepreneurship.*
The audit is an online assessment to determine the level of corporate
entrepreneurship in your organization. Specifically it looks at the following:
• Strategic Intent - what is the focus of the entrepreneurial effort
• People - what are the individual characteristics and competencies
• Process - how is corporate entrepreneurial behavior being facilitated
• Place - what is the context or culture facilitating entrepreneurship
• Outcomes - what results does the organization want to achieve
Organizations that take the Entrepreneurial Audit can quickly identify barriers
to growth and take steps to correct them. A key feature of the audit
is the integration of competencies of successful internal entrepreneurs, key
management practices, and cultural parameters required for success.
Once the audit has been conducted, we review the results and identify the
largest gaps and develop tactical plans to correct the current situation. This
enables you to respond quickly to new opportunities and competitive
challenges that surface.
The Entrepreneurial Audit is an effective way to see how entrepreneurial
your organization is and what it needs to do to become more innovative.